Wow, I can't believe we're now only two weeks away from the One Room Challenge reveal! If this is your first time visiting, you can follow these links to catch up on week one, week two, and week three!
This week there wasn't a lot of visual progress, but there was still a lot completed. We changed our minds for the third time, but we have finalized our backsplash to this oversized beveled subway tile. We like this option better than the plain subway tile we had originally planned to use since it will bring some more texture into the space. This is going up this weekend once our countertops get installed.
Speaking of countertops, after searching all over Dallas our fabricator was able to get this carrara marble remnant for us! They measured yesterday, and we're on the schedule for installation today!
My Hicks pendant arrived this week and we'll be installing her this weekend!
I also got our water heater closet door painted and properly vented. I debated about painting the vent the same color as the door, but I don't have a paint sprayer and I was worried it would look sloppy with a brush. I left it white because no one will ever see this door unless they're in the laundry room with the door shut (which will never happen). We're still waiting on the matching lever to arrive, so we have a temporary knob on here for now.
To recap, here is what we have left to complete:
- Install new flooring
- Install baseboards
- Possibly install crown molding This might be back in the mix due to some adjustments - I need to make my mind up on this ASAP!
- Install new cabinetry
- Paint interior door and water heater closet door
- Replace water heater closet door hardware - ordered!
- Place proper venting on water heater closet door
- Install cabinetry hardware - ordered and on it's way!
- Install marble countertop - getting installed today!
- Install backsplash - installing this weekend
- New light fixture - installing this weekend
- Finish painting walls and ceiling
- Install solar tube lighting for natural light. We got a quote to add in a window. We're still deciding between a skylight and a window. Either way, there is no way we'll have this finished in time for the reveal :(
- New rug, art, baskets, and hooks - All ordered and all on their way to me!
By next week everything should be installed and ready to be photographed for the big reveal in two weeks!
You can check out the rest of the linking participant's progress here.