This week I spray painted our old shelf brackets gold to go with our new hardware. This was an impromptu decision, and I'm so glad I did it!
While we were tiling we realized we were going to have to bring forward our outlets and washing machine outlet box to accommodate the height of the tiles. We fixed the washing machine outlet ourselves, but we're going to bring in our electrician to fix the dryer outlet. We tried moving it ourselves, but it wasn't budging, and since 220V of electricity is nothing to mess with, we're going to let our electrician handle this one. Finally, when the new washing machine outlet box was installed, we had no intentions of tiling so it was set flush with the wall. In order to get the tile under the cover we would have had to rip out the drywall and reset the box. This would have been a lot of work, so we made the decision to tile around it and put some trim around the box to make it look more finished (we'll be installing this week).
Drilling into our newly tiled wall to place our shelf was a bit nerve-racking, because short of ripping out the tile, there is no going back if you make a mistake! Thankfully we got it in with no problems. Also, this is bit of a side note, but if you haven't tried the limited edition peony scent from Mrs. Meyers you have to try it! I found mine at Target, but they can also be purchased through the Mrs. Meyers website. I'm so obsessed with the scent that I stocked up on enough to last me until next season!
All of the accessories (except for the baskets) arrived this week and are waiting for their install!
Finally, these brushed brass beauties will be used on all of the cabinets. We have these same handles in chrome in our kitchen, so after not finding anything else I liked, I decided on these to tie in with the rest of the house.
Here is a final recap of our to-do list:
- Install new flooring
- Install baseboards
- Possibly install crown molding This is happening, but not before the reveal. We have other obligations this weekend and next week that will be preventing us from having time to install this.
- Install new cabinetry
- Paint interior door and water heater closet door
- Replace water heater closet door hardware
- Place proper venting on water heater closet door
- Install cabinetry hardware
- Install marble countertop
- Install backsplash
- New light fixture
- Finish painting walls and ceiling
- Install solar tube lighting for natural light. We have settled on a skylight, but installation will not happen before next week. I'm so excited about this, because getting natural light in here will completely change the space!
- New rug, art, baskets, and hooks The baskets may not make it in time for the reveal, but I have a plan B.
- Install trim piece around washing machine outlet box.
Thank you for following along. Don't forget to check out the rest of the One Room Challenge participants! There is some serious talent this time around!